PDA

View Full Version : Fetching data from the web

lhardee
01-15-2010, 05:48 PM
Hello,

I've been searching for a way to fetch data from a website and have come pretty close but not found exactly what I'm looking for.

I have a spreadsheet with about 500 addresses that I would like to search for from a database at the following website:
http://gwinnetttaxcommissioner.manatron.com/Tabs/ViewPayYourTaxes.aspx

On the webpage there is a drop down box with a few selections of which I would like to choose Street Name. Next to it is a textbox. This is where the names in my column A would be entered. I've found that the search feature is very specific and will not return a query unless entered correctly. Just street names leaving off Dr, Ave, Blvd...etc. works perfectly.

To my question:

Is there a way that I can have the results displayed in the following columns next to the street name in column A ? If so, could someone provide code that does this?

Thanks for you assistance.

lhardee

austenr
01-16-2010, 09:45 AM
Seems like a job for Access

lhardee
01-16-2010, 12:07 PM
Hi austenr,

I'm not to familiar with Access. I've come across a post where someone wanted to record stock quotes in a spreadsheet and it sounds kind of similar to what I'm looking for but I can't seem to make it work in this case.

I guess I would have to view the web source page and find the name for the dropdown box. Then have code to submit my request specifying the address option would be used for the query.

lhardee

stanl
01-18-2010, 04:06 AM
I guess I would have to view the web source page and find the name for the dropdown box. Then have code to submit my request specifying the address option would be used for the query.

lhardee

Good luck with that. I searched for 'peachtree' and it returned over 4600 hits. The problem is the site uses jscript and possibly iframes to display search results and they are not visible when viewing the source. Possibly some slick DHTML can get what you are after. .02 Stan