PDA

View Full Version : Solved: In a VBA program, how to use DataBodyRange property to write to a specific sheet?

snkartha
01-17-2010, 11:58 PM
Hi,

I am new to VBA programming. I got this code snippet and it reads a pivot table and it CREATES A NEW WORKSHEET in the workbook and then writes the content to it. I want to know how I can modify this code to write to a specific sheet in the same workbook. Like for example, I want the contents to write to a specific sheet "Results_Obtained" in the same workbook. Is there any option ? Here is the code snippet.

For Each pvt In ActiveSheet.PivotTables
With pvt
.ColumnGrand = True
.RowGrand = True
End With
Set rng = pvt.DataBodyRange
rng.Cells(rng.Rows.Count, rng.Columns.Count).ShowDetail = True
Next pvt

My Pivot Table looks like the one I have put in the attachment (vbacodehelp.xls). It is in the sheet PivotTable.

From the code snippet I have provided above, the output I get perfectly is as shown in the attachement (Sheet from code snippet).

The only problem is, the code writes to a new sheet, rather than a sheet which I want to. Can someone help. Thanks

Edit: Vba tags added to code. Select your code when posting and hit the vba button to format it for the forum.

Jan Karel Pieterse
01-18-2010, 01:27 AM
You did not include the code that does the actual copying.

snkartha
01-18-2010, 01:41 AM
Hmm,

The code snippet I have put did not have any code for copying. When I ran the program, these codes put the entire content to a new sheet. I only want the code to write to a sheet in the same workbook, say like "Results_Obtained". Thanks

I got the following code snippet from another site. I just copied it and put it for my use. It gave me the output that I have put in the excel sheet.

Sub Extract_Data_From_Pivot()
With pvt
.ColumnGrand = True
.RowGrand = True
End With
Next pvt
End Sub

Bob Phillips
01-18-2010, 01:47 AM
Sub CopyPivot()
Dim pvt As PivotTable
Dim rng As Range

With pvt

.ColumnGrand = True
.RowGrand = True
End With

Selection.Copy Worksheets("Sheet3").Range("A1")
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
ActiveSheet.Delete
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
Next pvt
End Sub

snkartha
01-18-2010, 02:15 AM
Hi James,

Bulls eye. It worked. This was what I had wanted.

I did try doing a copy from the following lines of code, but did not get the required output.

rng.Copy Worksheets("Result").Range("A1")

It had copied the entire range. Now I understand from your code that you have specifically given the line as

Selection.Copy Worksheets("Sheet3").Range("A1")