PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Need to include Scientific Labels to a Form

scott56
01-18-2010, 12:30 AM
Hi,

I am trying to include a scientific symbol like CO2 with the 2 in subscript to a Excel Form...

The only approach I have found involves taking a picture of the CO2 in the correct format from word then using the picture control in Excel to include it as a static symbol.

Is there any other way to do this so that I can either type directly into the caption of a label or assign a value in my VBA code

Thanks for any help
Scott

Jan Karel Pieterse
01-18-2010, 01:31 AM
The only alternative I can think of is using a separate label for the subscripts, which needs to be positioned carefully in place.
You would piece together a set of labels after each other:

CO 2 + H 2 O <> H 2 CO 3
(each space denotes a new label, the numbers are positioned lower and have a smaller font)

Alternatively, you could use a rich textbox control from the windows common controls (but that may give you headaches on distributing your file).

scott56
01-18-2010, 03:07 AM
The only alternative I can think of is using a separate label for the subscripts, which needs to be positioned carefully in place.
You would piece together a set of labels after each other:

CO 2 + H 2 O <> H 2 CO 3
(each space denotes a new label, the numbers are positioned lower and have a smaller font)

Alternatively, you could use a rich textbox control from the windows common controls (but that may give you headaches on distributing your file).

Thanks for that....for my purposes this is great suggestion as I only need it on one form and it will not change...