PDA

View Full Version : How to Select/Use the cell content of a DataSheet View

afh110
02-04-2010, 06:13 AM
Hello all,

I have a datasheet view which i would like to use its content in some calculations. I need to be able to read from this datasheet view. Any ideas where to go to learn how to do that?

Imdabaum
02-04-2010, 11:25 AM
What kind of calculations are you wanting to do?

Are you wanting to total out a few fields and keep that total within the datasheet? Or are you wanting some field from another form to be affected by the calculation?

afh110
02-05-2010, 03:44 AM
No other field is effected. I just want to validate that the total of the given fields (in the datasheet view) add up to 100 before allowing the user to navigate to the next form.

OBP
02-05-2010, 04:12 AM
So do you mean that the "total of the given fields" is the running total of one field i.e. the sum of that field for all the Records shown on the Form (in datasheet view)?

afh110
02-05-2010, 04:18 AM
Yes! but then again all i care for is to be able to total the given fields in the Datasheet view somewhere to be able to validate that it =100. The actual total can be in a separate control for all i care, but i need to be able to sum and capture the sum somewhere.

OBP
02-05-2010, 05:06 AM
You need to change the Form to Continuous Form Mode (In Default View as per your previous post) and then View Header & footer and add an Unbound Text box in the Footer to hold the Value.