PDA

View Full Version : Find and Compare

fadib
02-04-2010, 09:27 PM
Hi guys, can someone give me hand. I have included this time a workbook. :) I learned that it is easier to express what I want.
I have data in sheet2. I also have a combobox from which I can select three sets. Once the set is selected i want to be able to compare data in sheet2 to the data of the chosen set found in sheet1, and add the corresponding color in sheet2.
I have added in sheet2 two possible scenarios.
If a specific letter exists in sheet 2 more time than sheet 1 as seen in the second example, I want to color the cells with the yellow color and add the word "EXTRA"
If a specific letter exists in sheet 1 more time than sheet 2 as seen in the second example, I want to color the cells with the yellow color and add the word "MISSING"

I hope this helps.

fadib
02-05-2010, 07:54 PM
Can someone please help?

mikerickson
02-05-2010, 08:48 PM
Which cells do you want colored, the ones on sheet 1 or on sheet 2?

In the posted example, where is the "chosen set found in sheet1"?

On what sheet and where should the desired result be?

In the result shown for "Result atfer comparing sheet1, Set2 to Sheet2", where did the row

A 1 Ared

come from. It is in not part of Sheet1 Set 2. On sheet2, it appears only in the desired result area.
I don't understand where source cells for that row are.

fadib
02-05-2010, 09:10 PM
Which cells do you want colored, the ones on sheet 1 or on sheet 2?

Sheet2.

In the posted example, where is the "chosen set found in sheet1"?

Sorry, I have confused everyone. My sets are on sheet2. So after I click on the commandbutton, the code goes to sheet 2 to find the combobox value and start filling the red boxes. Column G:N in sheet1 are only examples.

On what sheet and where should the desired result be?

The desired result should be in sheet1 in the Red Boxes.

In the result shown for "Result after comparing sheet1/Set2 to Sheet2", where did the row A 1 Ared come from.

The row comes from sheet2 under Set2. (in Column C)

I hope this helps.

I kind of started.

fadib
02-06-2010, 03:42 PM
Guys, I did some cleaning and attached Book2.
Quickly:
Sheet2 will carry the data: Set1, set2 and set3
Sheet1 has a combobox through which I can select a "Set" --> Selected set
Sheet1 also has a random set.
The intent is to fill the color column (Red boxes) by comparing the "random Set" to the selected Set.

Sheet3 and and 4 are some of the examples.
Sheet3 : If "Random Set" doesn't carry all the field in Selected Set, the code will add the line and color the cells in yellow.
Sheet4: If "Random Set" carries more field than what is in Selected Set, the code will color the item in yellow.

Sorry guys for the trouble, but I really need your help.
Thanks.

mikerickson
02-06-2010, 05:25 PM
I see that sheet1 has one fewer A 1 row than Set2 does.

Is its position at the end of Set2's A 1's the reason that A 1 Ared is the missing value rather than A 1 Ablue?

Is it possible that there might be an A 2 row mixed in with the A 1 rows?

If so, how is that to be handled?

fadib
02-06-2010, 06:29 PM
I see that sheet1 has one fewer A 1 row than Set2 does.That is correct,

Is it possible that there might be an A 2 row mixed in with the A 1 rows?
No. "1" represents the qty and it will always be 1.

Is its position at the end of Set2's A 1's the reason that A 1 Ared is the missing value rather than A 1 Ablue? Yes. In reality, whatever is on sheet 1 will have at least what is on sheet2 given a certain Set.

I probably should mention that Sheet1 can carry other letters such as F, G, H, etc... the code will have to probably compare sheet2 (Selected Cell) to each cell in column A of sheet1. If the letter doesn't exist, add it to sheet1 and insert the word Missing.

fadib
02-14-2010, 10:49 AM
Anyone please :(