PDA

View Full Version : Turkish character issue in query from SQL server

scaat
02-07-2010, 08:48 AM
Hello everybody,

I have a code which queries some data from MS SQL server to Excel. Code works completetly fine, but I have an issuce with the Turkish characters. All Turkish characters are turning to the question marks when I query the data from server. This is not just related the code, when I manually query data using wizard, I have the same problem.

When I try to check the table from SQL Server management studio, I can see the table and Turkish characters seems as strange control characters, but not like question marks. This database belong to another program, and program works perfectly fine with Turkish characters. Do you have any idea what would couse this and how do I fix it?

Bob Phillips
02-07-2010, 10:41 AM
Sounds like the database needs to handle Unicode characters. You will need to speak to the owners of the db app for this.

scaat
02-09-2010, 12:12 AM
Sounds like the database needs to handle Unicode characters. You will need to speak to the owners of the db app for this.

Actually, db app is working perfectly fine with Unicode characters. I can add / remove any line which includes Turkish characters via my application and my application shows them back correctly.

What I need is to have entries queried like I see them in the Management Studio (like Þ, Ý), instead of question marks. Than I can correct them easily with a macro. Is it possible?