PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Spreadsheet Max'd Out

IrishCharm
02-15-2010, 06:53 AM
Hi,

I am having problems with a 30 mb spreadsheet (the 30mb alone is one problem all in itself!)

Basically I think that it has reached its formatting allowance, i.e. if i go to either insert a formula, say S2-D4, it will not allow me to insert this as it says I have reached max formatting. Also if there are dates which are numeral format and I want them in "dd-mmm-yy" format this will not work either as it says I have reached my max format. I cant even colour in cells.

I tried to unformat some cells to try and make it easier but it wont even allow this. Any ideas of how to clear this spreadsheet up since I cant do anything at all with it or do i need to start a new one from scratch?

Thanks

Sarah

:help

lucas
02-15-2010, 11:10 AM
This is all I could find on the subject:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213904

Aussiebear
02-15-2010, 04:32 PM
Is it possible to split your workbook into what ever number and have the wb's linked ?

Paul_Hossler
02-15-2010, 04:39 PM
What version of Excel?

I assume that you can open it

Maybe there's a way to salvage the data and the formulas if you write a macro in another WB that just reads the 30MB one's worksheets

Paul

IrishCharm
02-16-2010, 03:09 AM
Hi,

thanks for the advice - I am going to try and split the workbook and link back into it and make sure the formatting in the new one is kept to a minimum as there is no easy fix for this problem!

thanks for all your help

Sarah