PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Keep form on top while keeping full excel functionality

MacDaddy
02-18-2010, 03:50 AM
Morning,

Bit of an odd one is this.

Basically I want to create a status window in an excel file with user information, system information, current date and time connection state to the network and servers etc, but I want this to always be visible while allowing the user to keep full excel and vba functionality.

Rightly or wrongly I've started experimenting with this by opening a form as the workbook opens to display this information but obviously you can't use the rest of excel until the form is closed.

Is there a way of keeping the form open but still allowing excel to be used normally, including the running of macros and switching between worksheets, or is there another way of displaying the status information without using forms.

I've never done anything like this before so it's new territory to me.

Thanks,

Paul

Bob Phillips
02-18-2010, 05:04 AM
Open the form non-modally

Userform1.Show vbModeless

MacDaddy
02-18-2010, 05:18 AM
Wow, as easy as that! Thank you! I had the feeling it would be a convoluted and complicated solution, if at all one existed.

Thank you once more, xld.

Paul

tpoynton
02-18-2010, 06:17 AM
If the 'Mac' in your name refers to the operating system, just a note that modeless userforms are not available in VBA (yet?) in office for mac.