PDA

View Full Version : scrolling through each entry

av8tordude
02-22-2010, 03:36 PM
I have a Previous Arrow and a Next Arrow in a userform. Can someone assist in providing a code that will allow me to scroll through each row using the arrow buttons in a userform

The starting of the existing row with data is A9. The last available empty row would be cell 10009, but I don't want it to scroll past the last row with existing data. For example if the last entry is in cell 5001, then i don't want it to pass roll 5001; althrough the last available empty row is 10009.

Thank for your help

lucas
02-22-2010, 03:46 PM
I'd be willing to come back and look at it with you if you provide us with the workbook containing the userform and sample data and a few notes.

av8tordude
02-22-2010, 09:34 PM
The inner arrows are the only labels that need coding. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

GTO
02-23-2010, 12:52 AM
Hi there,

On your form as it is, you have 8 label controls - 4 of which are outlined to look similar to buttons. There is no code in the form.

Could you describe what you mean by 'scroll through ea row'?

For instance, are we just trying to scroll the desired row on the sheet into view, or, are you wanting to add textboxes or labels or something else to the userform, and have the values 'scroll' thru as the buttons are clicked?

In closing, might I make a suggestion? You have named the labels that you want to use as command buttons like: "cmdPrev".

I think that you will find that confusing later (when reviewing or editing the project). Just my rookie opinion, but I would think anyone looking at the code will naturally assume it's referring to a command button.

Mark

PS - Cat killin' curiousity prevails I guess... Why not just use command buttons?