PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Resources - Download

Philcjr
02-22-2010, 06:40 PM
Can someone explain how to use this?

In the "Resources" Excel section -
The second item: "Office 2003 Excel VBA Language Reference"
The Link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2204a62e-4877-4563-8e83-4848dda796e4&DisplayLang=en

The file is downloaded, Installed and system has rebooted.... now what?

Product Description:
This download contains the Microsoft® Office Excel 2003 Visual Basic® for Applications (VBA) Language Reference as a compiled Help file.

Where is this?

GTO
02-23-2010, 01:06 AM
At least for me, prompted me for where to save vbaxl11.exe

When you run the executable, it asks if you want to save to "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\1033"

I did not follow-thru on that bit, as am at work and vba helpfiles are already installed.

I did find the same file at "C:\Microsoft Office 2003\OFFICE11\1033", so you may have to look for it...

Why though? When you open excel and go to vbide, does the help button not bring it up?

Mark

Philcjr
02-23-2010, 07:18 AM
Mark,

I do see many files in: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11

Do you think that this download is just adding to the existing "Help" files?

I was thinking I would find a new button or help category or something

by the way, are you a "Pontiac" man?

Phil

GTO
02-23-2010, 10:18 AM
Greetings Phil,

By memory (at home now, so on pre-historic laptop and excel 2000), the file that gets dumped (unzipped) from the executable is the vba helpfile for 2003. If you have 2003, I doubt that it added anything, as I think it would be the same helpfile you already have.

I downloaded it to a flash(pen)drive, so that when I couldn't remember waht args were added etc, while writing at home, I could reference.

As to the GTO, yes - at least as far as fondness in youth. I still have my 71 stored for "when I get time." When I was a teen, while like most, I initially though a Z28 Camaro was the coolest thing on earth; til a girl from church let me drive her parents '69 with a 400 and 4 speed (an M21 I think). While still thinking Chevy, I happened upon my 71. The lady who owned it was trusting enough to let a 17 Y.O. take it for a test drive (along w/my buddies). I still recall thinking I'd smoked the clutch, til I looked in the rear-view mirror and saw stuff disappearing in tire smoke. Technology is great, FI gets better mileage and power while running cleaner. Multiple cams, etc, etc... But there's still something about 455 inches of round-port headed long stroke torque thru an M22 that just gets ya.

Mark

Philcjr
02-23-2010, 12:44 PM
Mark,

I have marked this thread solved, as I think it just added files to the Help files... which were already there.

I too am a Pontiac fan... did a frame off resortation for my mother's 68 convert Firebird 350 2bbl... I have a 78 TransAm Street Car with a 455, custom roller cam, 4-speed and 4:56 gears... total quarter mile car

feel free to PM me anytime, as I am sure the Admins wont like us chating about cars here :devil: