PDA

View Full Version : Solved: How do I export my xls correctly?

fredL
03-02-2010, 01:24 AM
Hi guys,

I'm having a bit of a problem. I've made a workbook containing a bunch of macros and forms, but when I open it from another computer in the network (the workbook is located on an office server) and try to run some of the macros, I get error messages like "the object isn't available on this machine" when trying to run a userform, and "can't find project or library" when running some other stuff.

I'm running Excel 2007 on both machines, and I've exported the modules from the original computer to the user computer. Every piece of code is there, but it's obvious I've missed something.

My question is: Is there a way to export my xls containing all the data needed to use the workbook correctly on another computer?

Bob Phillips
03-02-2010, 02:22 AM
It sounds as if you have libraries on one machine and not on the other. Open it on the other machine, and look at Tools>References in the VBIDE and see what problems you have.

fredL
03-02-2010, 02:43 AM
Hey xld,

Thanks for the input. The Tools>References showed me I missed the MS calendar control. Since that's a part of Access, I installed Access and all of a sudden all my forms and macros are working like a charm!