PDA

View Full Version : Conditional drop down lists

Grilleman
03-03-2010, 08:57 AM
Hello -

The other day I submitted a post asking for help in creating drop down lists that changed based on previous data entries. Thanksfully I did receive a solution through a VBAExpress member. Many thanks! However, my needs have become a bit more complex... at least for me ayway.

Attached is a workbook containing two worksheets. The "Layout" worksheet contains three input fields. Selections made in the "Group" box drive what is displayed in the "Type" box. Together these two inputs drive what is displayed in the "Configuration" box. Currently, the "Configuration" box only presents data when the "Group" box selection is set to "Other". Now I need the "Configuration" box to present relevant data no matter what the "Group" boix selection is.

Here's an example:

If on the Layout worksheet the "Group" Box = Fixed, then Type Box = Casement or Picture... and now, the Configuration box needs to dsiplay Colonial, Prairie, Diamond and Craftsman.

Please see the attached workbook and note the additional data now contained on the "Group" worksheet which is shown in blue.

Once again, all of you who helps beginners like me are Saints in my book!

Thanks you,

Grilleman

Bob Phillips
03-03-2010, 09:15 AM
Try this

Grilleman
03-03-2010, 09:25 AM
Fabulous! Thanks! Hopefully I can learn by studying your example. Best - Grilleman!