PDA

View Full Version : Object Required Error

maninjapan
03-03-2010, 10:44 AM
Guys, I am trying to use a spreadsheet supplied by my broker which contains macros, of which there is 1 in particular I am having problems with. When I try and run it I get an '424' error, object required. When I start the Spreadsheet I get a popup saying 'Microsoft Forms not available for use on this machine. Unable to read object. (or something similar, I dont use english windows).
Ive googled it but unableto find a suitable solution. Is this a common error with an easy fix?

Thanks

Bob Phillips
03-03-2010, 10:53 AM
Go into the VBIDE, goto Tools>references, and select Microsoft Forms n.n Object Library.

maninjapan
03-03-2010, 11:05 AM
Just had a look and Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object Library is already checked...

maninjapan
03-09-2010, 10:09 AM
Ive tried the brokers 'tech support' but they just keep telling me to turn on my macros....
As I said above Ive made sure the Forms Object library is selected but still getting the same error. I am able to use the other macros in the sheet. Just not this one. Is there any other reason that I would recieve the error?

Bob Phillips
03-09-2010, 11:11 AM
Can you post the workkbook? With some info on how to use it.

maninjapan
03-10-2010, 01:41 AM
Sure, it needs the trading software obviously to connect, but once open, with the account username entered in the top left hand corner of each sheet, it sends orders or recieves data from the account through a dde link. All the macros are controled byt the tool bars in the top left on each sheet.

The sheet I am having troubles with is the 'basic Orders' sheet.
I am able to use the 'place/modify' button and send basic orders.
Basic orders are entered manually on the spreadshhet then clicking 'Place/Modify'
combo orders (combination of different contracts grouped as one order, option spreads etc) can be sent clicking the 'Combo Legs' button.
however, when I click this I get an error message saying 'object required'.

When I open the spreadsheet I occasionally get the message that I started this thread with....

I have tried it on 3 different PC's, and 2 different versions of Excel. All ending up with the same issue.....

Hope that covers it....