PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Insert a check box in Word

Sathisc
03-04-2010, 10:34 AM
Hi,

I am using Word 2003. I need to use the check box in the word document. I tried but only the box is coming and am unable to check in.

Thanks in advance
Sathish:think:

lucas
03-04-2010, 10:54 AM
post the document. click on go advanced and scroll down till you find a button that says manage attachments.

lucas
03-04-2010, 11:21 AM
is it a checkbox from the forms toolbar or one from the activeX toolbar?

If it's from the forms toolbar you have to protect the document before it will work.

fumei
03-04-2010, 11:53 AM
To protect for forms (so the Forms checkbox will work), go Tools > Protect Document... , and then select the Protect document for: Forms option.

If it is an ActiveX checkbox (from the Controls toolbar), you likely have to make sure the document is not in Design mode. If the control has resizing handles, it is in Design mode.

Sathisc
03-04-2010, 12:12 PM
Hi,

I am not using a form just want a check box in the normal word document with the tick mark

Sathish

fumei
03-04-2010, 12:36 PM
"I am not using a form just want a check box in the normal word document with the tick mark"

And....you do that by using a checkbox from the Forms toolbar, which inserts a checkbox formfield.

Go View > Toolbars > Forms

Click the checkbox on the toolbar. A forms checkbox is inserted into the document. To make it work (you can check it), please re-read what has been posted above.

lucas
03-04-2010, 01:03 PM
like this? See attached.

Sathisc
03-05-2010, 05:01 AM
Hi,

Can i have a tick mark instead of X mark inside the box. can you please help me how to do it.

Sathish

fumei
03-05-2010, 09:42 AM
The native symbol of a checked checkbox is an "x". I do not see why you are fussing with whether it is a tick or a "x" when you seem to have difficulties with getting a checkbox in the document that works at all.

It is possible to get what seems to be a checkbox accept a tick, but it is not easy, and, at this time, I believe beyond the scope of this thread.

lucas
03-06-2010, 09:24 AM
You can use an activeX control from the visual basic toolbar:

see attached.

fumei
03-08-2010, 01:13 PM
There is some advantage to using an ActiveX control instead of a formfield. Yes, you can get a tick mark, rather than a "x".

Further, there are more events associated with an ActiveX control.

There are some disadvantages though. If you have someone else using it, their Security settings affect the use of ActiveX controls. Formfields are not affected by Security settings.

Further, formfields (to be used) must have the document Protected for forms. This freezes the content. The content other than the formfields is no longer editable.

Whether this is a good thing, or a bad thing, depends on what you are doing, and why.

Sathisc
03-11-2010, 03:19 AM
Thanks guys