PDA

View Full Version : Sleeper: Display data in UserForm

thombill
05-05-2005, 08:44 AM
I have been working on a UserForm to make data entry into a spreadsheet more user friendly. My problem, "I have a UserForm "A" that has two buttons one for known volume and another for an unkown volume. When the user clicks on either one of the buttons a seperate UserForm "B & C" pops up for them to enter the data into. What I can't figure out is how to display the data that they enter into UserForms "B & C" on UserForm "A". They issue is that they need to be able to enter in up to 20 seperate volumes and I would like them to be able to see the data they have entered.

Now I know that I could simply use a series of text boxes but I am trying for a less cluttered look so it is less confusing to the user. Basically, what I want to do is have Userforms "B & C" be the data entry sheet and UserForm "A" display what they have entered for them to review and edit if necessary.

Bob Phillips
05-05-2005, 08:52 AM
What I can't figure out is how to display the data that they enter into UserForms "B & C" on UserForm "A".

As long as the original userform, let's call it Userform1, is still in memory, you can reference it's objects, something like

Me.txtShow.Text = Userform1.txtVol.Text

change the names to suit.

BlueCactus
05-05-2005, 10:36 AM
I would probably ditch forms B & C and do everything on form A.

It would have two listboxes to display the data. One textbox (with radio buttons) or two textboxes to enter the data.

You enter the data in the textbox. Then it gets added to the listbox. Listbox.ListIndex gets updated to display the last data added - that way you can use a small listbox that scrolls to show the data as it's added.

Then you can have a commandbutton named 'Delete' that allows you to delete data that is selected in the listbox.

Bob Phillips
05-05-2005, 11:49 AM
... or have a multipage to abstratct the different functions

thombill
05-05-2005, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the help I am going to try a couple of things and will let you know how it works out.