PDA

View Full Version : Can’t Open a Word 2007 File Having Type Equals “Shortcut”

Cyberdude
03-17-2010, 04:54 PM
After doing a search, the resulting display shows the following entry line for a Word document:

Carolyns Rx List . . . C:\Users\Sid\Links\Rx Save Folder. . . 3/17/2010 3:37 PM . . . Shortcut

When I click on the entry, nothing happens. No error message. There is another entry for the same file that appears as follows:

Carolyns Prescription List . . . C:\Users\Sid\Links\Rx Save Folder . . . 11/16/2005 10:30 PM . . . Shortcut

When I click on that entry, it opens the file as expected. Why will one of the shortcuts respond to a click, but the other doesn’t?? In general, why would any displayed shortcut entry not respond in any fashion when clicked?

fumei
03-18-2010, 09:37 AM
1. You do not say, but is this in Windows Explorer?

2. I notice the dates; one is 2005 (that appreantly works) and the other 2010 (that apparently does not). has there been a change of OS since then? Is it possible while still being defined as a "shortcut", the structure of it not valid?

3. You state: "There is another entry for the same file"; but it does not appear to be the same file.

Carolyns Rx List
Carolyns Prescription List

This does not seem to be the same file.

SamT
03-21-2010, 05:13 PM
Fumei, those are the shortcut names.

Cyberdude, Rightclick on the entries and select "Properties" to see where the actual file resides.