PDA

View Full Version : Change language in powerpoint

enfantter
03-22-2010, 05:50 AM
Hi all,

I need to asemble a piece of code that will change my language in powerpoint. That is in both all text boxes etc. and the future text boxes.

I find several links from googling the subject, but they all seem to only alter what i have already done and if i make a new slide this will be in the original language.

/Enfantter

John Wilson
03-22-2010, 02:44 PM
See http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/Real_Lingo.html

Explains code to do both.

enfantter
03-23-2010, 02:21 AM
Is it not possible to do this several time within a project (with differnt languages of course)

John Wilson
03-23-2010, 02:41 AM
You can and each time (only) new slides will conform to the new language (as I understand it)

Note thet new presentations will also be affected unless you change it again.

enfantter
03-24-2010, 09:17 AM
i used your link, it works

Dim oSld As Slide
Dim oShp As Shape
Dim oplc As Placeholders
For Each oSld In ActivePresentation.Slides
For Each oShp In oSld.Shapes
If oShp.HasTextFrame Then
oShp.shapeTextFrame.TextRange.LanguageID = msoLanguageIDEnglishUK
End If
Next oShp
Next oSld
ActivePresentation.DefaultLanguageID = msoLanguageIDEnglishUK

the only thing is that the text i have to change is not always in textboxes .. eg placeholders and autoshapes

is it possible to alternate the code to incorporate this in the code ?

John Wilson
03-24-2010, 09:27 AM
Textboxes, placeholders and autoshapes (most) all have textframes and should be changed. However only shapes that actually have text in them will change in existing work.

enfantter
03-25-2010, 12:50 AM
It does ...

Is it not possible to change the language of a shape which have not yet any text in them ?

John Wilson
03-25-2010, 03:45 AM
Hi, it is possible but not simple - this is why we developed the real lingo add in! you will also get problems with grouped text, diagrams and tables.

enfantter
03-25-2010, 06:53 AM
Hi,
Sorry - now i see
I just thougth it would be sort of the same procedure for text in placeholders and autoshapes as for text boxes

enfantter
03-25-2010, 06:56 AM
it would of course just buy the add in - but im creating a add in of my own which i need to distribute