PDA

View Full Version : Web pages data search and autopopulation

kabaa01
03-26-2010, 02:37 PM
Hello GURUS

Is it possible to create some sort of web query or macro to sift through this field of web pages and get an excel list of the three columns. See the attached screen shot. I then use the excel sheet attached below to see if all the adds match the deletes. Is there a way I can auto populate the excel sheet with the search results?

Any suggestions would be great since I’ve been trying to think through this for a while now as I go through multiple pages.

kabaa01
03-26-2010, 02:40 PM
Attached excel macro with the main list to auto populate.

lucas
03-26-2010, 02:53 PM
You can retreive a table of data to your worksheet.

We would need to figure out which table it is and the url of course.

mdmackillop
03-27-2010, 08:48 AM
This contains code to access the KB table on this site.
Change this line to look at diffent table on your site.

.WebTables = "15" ' Identify your HTML Table here

kabaa01
03-27-2010, 10:25 AM
The web query works like a charm. Thank you. I would have to always click through the next web pages inorder to refresh the data from the web. Is there a way I can loop through all the web pages without actually clicking on it?

The main goal is to see if all completed adds match all completed deletes. If not, then list the remaining adds or modifies in the first field that need deletes. Also I need to list only the completed status field and ignore all the other status fields e.g. cancelled, pending, or denied.
I have explained the process with screen shots in the attached doc file.

Thanks guys for all your input and help.

kabaa01
03-27-2010, 11:47 AM
Attached is the text file that shows all the macros in the above attached excel sheet. Its very rough but for now does the job of matching. I just need a better and fast way to auto populate my web results onto the excel sheet to match completed adds, modifies and deletes columns with the search criteria on the excel check list.

mdmackillop
03-27-2010, 12:11 PM
You can post a workbook using Manage Attachments in the Go Advanced reply section

kabaa01
03-28-2010, 02:17 PM
I have attached the sheets in the workbook that shows the list of applications whereby I put an "x" under the B,C,F,G,J,K,N and O columns to either show an add or a delete from my apps worksheet.

kabaa01
03-31-2010, 04:25 PM
I have attached the sheets in the workbook that shows the list of applications whereby I put an "x" under the B,C,F,G,J,K,N and O columns to either show an add or a delete from my apps worksheet.