PDA

View Full Version : Extending chart series range

david_t
03-30-2010, 01:33 PM
Hi everyone,

I am trying to design a macro that will extend the series range of the data used in a line chart by one column.

Basically, I have multiple workbooks open, each with multiple sheets, with each sheet containing multiple graphs, with each chart containing multiple series. I really need a macro that will loop through every graph (there's about 200 of the things) extending the data series by one column when I receive a new months data (the x-axis does not need to change). The data is stored in qute an illogical format in tables scattered around another workbook so the macro really just needs to add one to the columns being considered (the data ponts are stored from left to right in one row per series)

I'm quite new to VBA but I think I have managed to piece together the looping through workbooks, then sheets, then charts part but come unstuck on the charts themselves.

And any macro must work in Excel 2003!

Any help will be really apreciated!

Thanks

Dave

Bob Phillips
03-30-2010, 03:36 PM
Can you post a simple workbook with say two sheets, two grapsh per, with data and your code so far?

david_t
03-31-2010, 01:18 PM
Attached is a 3 sheet book, 2 sheets with graphs and one with data. I am trying to expand (or subtract) the series range by one column for both graphs.

Thanks

Dave