PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Gerry Knight (fumei) MVP

mdmackillop
03-31-2010, 05:05 AM
Congratulations Gerry on MVP recognition by Microsoft.

I don't know what our Word forum would do without you.

:beerchug:

Regards
Malcolm

Tommy
03-31-2010, 09:53 AM
Congratulations Gerry,

I'm surprised that it took this long for Microsoft to recognize your skill in coding and extracting the information from the poster!

See Ya on the next thread.

lucas
03-31-2010, 10:07 AM
Heartfelt congratulations Gerry. Well deserved.

macropod
04-03-2010, 12:20 AM
Congratulations Gerry. Another inmate is always welcome.

Paul_Hossler
04-03-2010, 06:24 AM
Now you're NEVER have time to write "All You Ever Wanted To Know About Word" since you're be too busy helping the rest of us

Paul

Tiberius
05-22-2010, 10:52 PM
Congratulations on the recognition, well deserved as with others i have read in this forum.

fumei
05-31-2010, 02:46 PM
Ummmmm, sorry it has taken me so long to respond. I rarely check the Announcements. In fact, I would never have know you nice people posted these if somewhere else there was a debate about information about me available in a search. Someone posted the fact these mentioned me by name.

In any case, thank you thank you. I appreciate it. Especially as I doubt very much I will be able to continue as a Word MVP into a second year. Because of restrictions here at work (and I do not have Internet access at home), I have limited contact with the MVP site. For example, I can not access the MVP only newsgroups. No newsreaders are allowed here. I can not download anything. I wanted to look at Office 2010, but can not. Bummer.

So, I am happy to have received some recognition for my Word skills, but they are rapidly fading into the past, and will soon no longer be applicable. I am becoming a dinosaur. So it goes.

Nevertheless, again, thank you. You congratulations are heart warming.

fumei
05-31-2010, 02:49 PM
Oh, and Paul? I may not end up writing "All You Ever Wanted To Know About Word" - but this is as it should be. I am incapable of doing so. I will never catch up with Paul (macropod) on the use of fields, so right there...I can not state everything there is to know about Word.

I have, however, written the teacher guide and the student guide to my two week Word/Vba course. It is 800 pages. Does that count?

macropod
06-03-2010, 03:51 AM
Hi Gerry,

I doubt I've teased out everything possible from Word's arcane field language but, as new challenges come along, I might just keep plugging away ...

Zack Barresse
06-10-2010, 05:21 PM
Congrats Gerry!!!!! :) It's about time they recognized pure genius. ;) Very cool indeed. :D

geekgirlau
06-22-2010, 04:08 PM
Well done Gerry - well and truly deserved!!!

Dave T
12-28-2010, 05:17 AM
Hello Gerry,

On a recent post Paul Hossler asked you what you meant by your signature line "<60 working days until retirement" and you replied...

Nope, actually the opposite. I do not have Internet access at home (been Internet-free for more than two years now). So once I leave work, I will be off-line for good.

Oh I may have the opportunity to get on-line once in a while, but for the most part, when I retire my on-line life will be over as well.

I would like this forum to acknowledge all of your contributions and assistance.

I am reasonably new to this site and lately have been helped / offered suggestions by you.

I have greatly valued your comments and contibutions and would like to thank you for all of your efforts.

All the best with your retirement.

Regards,
Dave T

fumei
12-29-2010, 01:28 PM
Well gosh, I am covered with blushes.

We'll see. I may not be able to go full cold turkey. This and other forums make up a great deal of my social circle (such as it is). It has been convenient to be able to do it through work. Can I drop it completely, once I am out of here? That is my intention, but...

lasa
10-23-2013, 01:24 AM
Congratulations on the recognition!

Bob Phillips
11-19-2013, 02:57 PM
This thread just got resurrected by another of those inane 'look, i'm here' posts that we are plagued with, but it got me looking, and I see that some 3 years ago Gerry had <60 days to retirement, and he was threatening that would be the end of his online life. As I see that he is still here and still working, does that mean he has connected at home, or that he is still working?

Zack Barresse
11-19-2013, 03:03 PM
Good question, was wondering that myself. :)