PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Conditional Formatting

Opv
04-02-2010, 10:59 AM
I am trying to use Conditional Formatting and have run into a snag. I have a column that is comprised of cells containing a formula that renders the cell BLANK until a date is entered in the Date field in the corresponding row. At that point, the value is either 0 or >0.

So, the range in question has three possible values, BLANK (actually contains a formula), 0 or >0.

First Condition:
If the cell value >0, I have Conditional Formatting configured to changed the background color to red and the font color to white.

Second Condition:
If the cell value is blank, I have a formula, i.e., =MOD(ROW(),2)=1, inserted to alternate the row color based on whether the row number is an odd or even number.

Both of these conditions work as intended; however, the First Condition is also effecting the BLANK cells as if the value is greater than 0, presumably because the cell contains a formula, even though there is no content displayed.

How can I add a new condition (or modify an existing condition) to force the Second Condition to apply to the cells whose formulas result in them being BLANK?

Thanks,

Opv

Mis_Sailesh
04-02-2010, 11:13 AM
Hi
Please attach the sheet to see and help you out...
:help

Opv
04-02-2010, 11:19 AM
Hi
Please attach the sheet to see and help you out...

Here you go....

Thanks,

Opv

Mis_Sailesh
04-02-2010, 12:32 PM
Hi
Please see the attached file .
Kindly revert if it servers your pupose...

I have modified the formula in conditional formating to :-

"=IF(D2<>"",IF(D2>0,TRUE,FALSE),FALSE)"

Opv
04-02-2010, 12:41 PM
Hi
Please see the attached file .
Kindly revert if it servers your pupose...

I have modified the formula in conditional formating to :-

"=IF(D2<>"",IF(D2>0,TRUE,FALSE),FALSE)"

That did the trick. I appreciate the help.

Opv

Mis_Sailesh
04-02-2010, 12:46 PM
Please Mark your thread as Solved

Thank you...