PDA

View Full Version : Can’t See the Win 7 Task Bar “Window” When WORD 2007 Is Active

Cyberdude
04-07-2010, 01:15 PM
This is a bit hard to explain. Focus on the bottom left side of your Win 7 screen and you should see the “Task Bar”. At the extreme left you will probably see the "Start" button on the Task Bar. To the right of the Start button you should see one or more Task Bar buttons representing whatever task(s) are currently active.

Now hover your cursor over these button(s) and you should see a small window which I shall call the “Task Bar Window” (or just “TBW”) appear above the Task Bar. On the TBW should be an information line for each active task. The background color for the TBW is probably similar to the color of the Task Bar.

So here’s my problem: I use the TBW a lot when I have several Excel and/or Word tasks active. It’s a handy place to click when you want to change the task that is being shown on the screen. For some reason whenever I have a WORD task active, the background color of the TBW turns black making it impossible to read what is being displayed in the TBW. My question is, how can I make the TBW stop changing to a black background when a WORD task is active? :banghead:
Sid

macropod
04-09-2010, 08:56 PM
Hi Sid,

Have you tried repairing Word (Word Options|Resources|Diagnose)?