PDA

View Full Version : Holiday and earned time minor problem

RonNCmale
04-12-2010, 05:44 AM
Attached is a time report that is almost perfect. I have two glitches remaining. If January 1 falls in wk 50 of the previous year and Martin Luther King's Holiday is given in wk 1. Is there any way of manually keying in the date from the previous year for New Year's day Holiday or any other holiday and keep the Holiday sheet in the order they are keyed in on the Time report. example New Year's Holiday would be manually keyed in for 1/1/09 on the Holiday Sheet. Then when on wk 1, 8.00 hrs is posted on 1/18/10 (Martin Luther Kings Holiday) it is posted on 1/18/10 as the (B) Holiday. Or if New Year's Holiday, and Martin Luther King Holiday is keyed in manually, the next Holiday that is entered on the the time report is the next holiday which would be Good Friday Holiday.

The second glitch, Again due to 13 pay periods on one of the pay periods the employee is receiving an extra earned leave. The formula gives the correct earned leave in accordance with years of service and on the employees anniversary date. Is there a way to add to the formula if during the pay period the 15th of the month does not show up, no leave is entered for that pay period. example wk 1 thru wk 4 (1/17/10 to 2/13/10) for that pay period no leave would be earned.

GTO
04-12-2010, 01:49 PM
Hi Ron,

Off to bed for me, and I did not yet open the attached. Those admissions aside, at least as to the second glitch, a bit of a stab, but I think we may need a better delineated set of rules. Primarily, I think we need the policy defined as to when year's end or year's beginning happens. For instance, there may be a rulle wherein if the pay period begins before December 31, then it it is counted in that year's reporting for income. I have not thought through your situation, but for me, our bi-weekly method ends up with occassionally an 'extra' pay period, as well as occassionally no insurance deductions (for I believe the same circumstance).

Mark

RonNCmale
04-12-2010, 05:52 PM
I did look up the policy on earned time and it basically states and employee earns time each calendar month starting on the 1st, but the employee has to be in work status for two weeks of the pay period to earn leave. So that's how I came up with the 15th of the month. I looked at all the time periods and if I use the 15th of each month 1 pay period will be be without giving me 12 pay periods instead of 13.