PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Outputting Listbox values AND filtering using those values

Shortz
04-13-2010, 05:09 AM
Hi everyone,

I have a two part question,

Part A
I have a question about listboxes and their use.

1. I have a listbox and the user makes their choices (easy no worries coding wise)

2. What is the best way to output those values into a temporary hidden worksheet?
Currently i get them all output then select from the top until row 300 then use xlspecialcells to remove blanks.

3. I wish to use the selections to filter values in a range on another worksheet

Part B
This relates to searching and may be similar to Part A.

eg. Say i have 10 selections possible and i want to filter some data, moving along columns (or rows) to remove all values except where the values equal 3 of selections. What is the best way to achieve this?

Basically, i want to make my selections in the listbox, output those to a temporary sheet then search through my intended range deleting values that don't match the selected values.

I have included a spreadsheet to include what i'm trying to achieve (minus the forms and listboxes) for both parts. And i'm using excel 2003.

thanks in advance for any and all of your help.

Bob Phillips
04-13-2010, 05:57 AM
Part A, I cannot see the issue. Where do the blanks come from?

Part B, I looked at the workbook, and it was not cleare to me what you wanted.

Shortz
04-13-2010, 11:46 PM
Maybe i described it poorly.

What i would like is to filter a range of values using the selections made in a listbox.

eg. so, i have 10 columns (or rows) and my listbox gives the user the ability to select all the values possible for those columns. The user then selects the values they want and i want to then delete columns that do not have the selected values. How do i do that?

aplfalcon
04-16-2010, 10:30 PM
Removed.

Aussiebear
04-16-2010, 11:50 PM
Hi aplfalcon, Can you start a new thread with your issue please? Similar but not the same if you catch my drfit.

Shortz
04-17-2010, 12:22 AM
http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?p=210923

this might help.

aplfalcon
04-17-2010, 12:42 AM
Got it, Aussiebear. Thanks for the link Shortz. I'm beginning to get the feeling that we're working on similar projects ;) I don't think this is the first thread that I've piggybacked! I'll look into it tomorrow.