PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Excel Scatter Graph Horizontal Line

itipu
04-13-2010, 01:57 PM
Hi All,

Lots of articles on this one, yet I can't seem to get it to work with my graph.

Graph is attached, basically I'd like to see a solid line at 500, so that to see which value points are above and which are below..

I tried adding a new series (see Data sheet) called HorizontalLine and then using Error Bars and all other things advised if you google for this very topic.. but none of it really works.. Is it at all possible..

I know that drawing a solid line and just moving it to 500 would work, but can't see how you can automate that as basically once I can figure this one out (if at all), I will record a macro and do some vba..

Thanks for your thoughts!

Mike

mdmackillop
04-13-2010, 02:14 PM
Line added at 480 to make it obvious. Data was added and then RightClick on new data Format Data series, add line, remove markers.

itipu
04-13-2010, 03:10 PM
:) Yes, done that before, but there doesn't seem to be any particular way to have it from y axis to the right end of graph... it just sort of sits in the middle at the moment as it is based on dates and not on the auto scales that excel generates for x axis...

I suspect it is not possible otherwise... cheers from Aberdeen, mike

mdmackillop
04-13-2010, 04:06 PM
You can extend the dates for the line values only and format the axis to limit upper and lower values. Are your time values realistic? It might give a better spread if you changed these to minutes or seconds.