PDA

View Full Version : Sleeper: 2 Projects

mr sheet
05-10-2005, 10:30 AM
hello,
I usually posty my questions in Mr. Excel, but this time i will atttempt to see if i can get an answer in this "just as great" site.

1. Distribute data on (source) sheet 1, to (destination)sheet 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.
Sheet 1 contains data on each individual row. 'X' amount of columns. Each row is its own, and can be identified by a number in one of the columns. After sheet 1 has been distributed to the other sheets according to the id number, sheet 1 is updated with more data the followig day, the process loops and performs the same actions. (distribution)
The destination sheets will keep data listed from the prior days, and continue to add the data from the source sheet.
Source sheets & Destination sheets > The columns go from A : T, the rows increase by 50 on daily basis.
Source sheet> There will be more than one ID number (store) distributed to the same sheet (destination)
Destination sheet> detination sheets containing more than one ID, must be seperated by 2 rows between ID's/ Stores.
Aprt from the destination sheets with particular store numbers listed and separated by 2 rows, between stores. There is also a master list sheet that just lists every store id that was on sheet1, and sorted.
so the sheets will look like
sheet1 (source) || master file || sheet 2 || sheet 3 || ect. (destination sheets)

2. Need to combine both Excel sheet with Word document.
used mail merge but ran into a problem.
the excel list is a list of stores and their reported claims for discrepancies.
the Document contains the data from the excel sheet and vice versa. I use the documnet to print out sign and date. the documnet needs to be filled out in specific areas of the word file because its a form.

row 1 store1 voyage2 date 3 box 1
box 2
box 3
row 1 is a location that had three missing boxes (box1,2,3) for one particular voyage (voyage2)
on the document i need to have these three boxes listed (if any, always at least one) i can do this by inserting three columns, but what about when i have 15 boxes? the reason entering in more columns than necessary is because i need this sheet to present it as a summary. and use it. no point in having it with 100 columns. I thought about linking this sheet with another sheet by linking to cells and using that as the layout, but its all getting to complicated due to this little bump.

This would be so much simpler if you saw actuall sheets but i cannot figure out how to post, so i wouldn't mind sending out an email if your willing to help.
thanks

MARK
mpenniman@ikretail.com

Killian
05-11-2005, 01:08 PM
Hi Mark and welcome to VBAX :hi:

You're right about seeing the workbook !

You can post an attachment by clicking the "Go Advanced" button on the Quick Reply area, go down to "Manage Attachments" and upload from there (you'll need to ZIP it first)

mr sheet
05-12-2005, 09:28 AM
HI, THANK YOU VERY MUCH, ITS A PLEASURE THIS IS GREAT.

see attachments
claim1 - question 2
Pre ALERT example - question 1

mr sheet
05-12-2005, 09:38 AM
please see attachment