PDA

View Full Version : Presentation Properties - Help

mosa182
04-22-2010, 03:53 AM
Hi there

I noticed that in PowerPoint there is no 'This Presentation,' like there is in Word and Excel. For example in Word, I used this code in the 'This Document' Open declaration:

Private Sub Document_Open()
Application.ShowWindowsInTaskbar = False
frmNavigation.Show
End Sub

So if there is no 'This Presentation' how do I declare my code to execute when the presentation is opened?

Cheers Joe

Cosmo
04-22-2010, 07:47 PM
Hi there

I noticed that in PowerPoint there is no 'This Presentation,' like there is in Word and Excel. For example in Word, I used this code in the 'This Document' Open declaration:

Private Sub Document_Open()
Application.ShowWindowsInTaskbar = False
frmNavigation.Show
End Sub

So if there is no 'This Presentation' how do I declare my code to execute when the presentation is opened?

Cheers Joe
There is no 'Open' event for PowerPoint presentations. You can have code activate on open if it is in an Add-In, but not in a standard Presentation. (although in 2007, there might be a way I have heard, but I believe it involves editing the file's XML code)

Paul_Hossler
04-25-2010, 10:09 AM
In 2007 you can use the OnRibbonLoad callback to launch your code.

Requires a little bit of XML editing in the CustomUI.

http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25261

XML and the Fluent interface are sort of a whole new ball game, so it might be easier to just add a button to your first slide that says "Click Here To Start" and tie you code into that.

Paul