PDA

View Full Version : Editing one table and the same table in another folder update automaticaaly.

aligahk06
04-29-2010, 08:43 AM
Dear All,

I'm having a very interesting problem and lookin for solution.
I want to make a back up all records that a table may contain.
The same table and the same form with same fields,I want to update records in one form and save the records in corresponding table.
So after some time i want the same record that is saved in one table is updated in anothe table.
This table and form is in separate folder just for back up.
I mean editing in one table and auto updating in the same table in another folder.

Any help to accomplish this task.

That is one for Back up and another one for editing.

Rgds,
Aligahk06

Imdabaum
04-29-2010, 09:09 AM
I stand to be corrected, but there are several possible ways to do this.

1.Append/Update Query where you set the destination to the backup.
2.Run a routine in the main .mdb file that exports the table to overwrite the existing table in the backup. You can use either to trigger the event.
a. Button
b. OnClose event.
c. Autoexec macro

create table "tblBackupDate" one field, "Date_Updated"
On the Open event of whatever form you use in startup, or through an Autoexec macro, run a process that checks the date, if the data is > 15 days old or whatever your date specification is run the routine to update the backup table. The final step in the routine should be to update tblbackupDate.Date_Updated to current date.

CreganTur
04-30-2010, 09:34 AM
Easy answer: use google to search for backup on close or compact and repair on close- be sure to specify that it's for Access. You'll see a number of links to different sites that will provide code on how to do this. Generally these types of backups are done when the database is closed, but you can set other events to kick it off.

HTH:thumb