PDA

View Full Version : how to insert video into powerpoint 2007

jimmy8765
05-04-2010, 12:16 AM
Hi,all there

I am a technology trainer for Prince George's County Public Schools and was working on a multimedia presentation for a training the following morning. I had many video clips that needed to be added to powerpoint2007 so I could use it for my project.

I know i need convert my videos to avi/wmv.So many of the software,which one is best?

I have been trying to add a short avi video file to a presentation I am making, with no success! Whenever I add the avi file the video plays with a green screen sometimes I get the sound.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Paul_Hossler
05-04-2010, 05:16 PM
I use AviDemux from http://avidemux.sourceforge.net/

Public licensed, and can convert a lot of different formats

Paul

kate59588
05-04-2010, 09:35 PM
First off, video files are not embedded in 2007 but linked so check that the avi files are on the new computer. Other issues it could be:codec problem - see if the avis run in the mci player (PowerPoint uses this to run videos, not Windows Media Player)

File path length problem - try moving ppt and avi to the same folder directly on your C drive then reinsert the avi

Sometimes you get sound only,try click the right mouse button, properties> Settings> Advanced>Trouble shoot Hardware acceleration None. But this is not a good way.You'd better convert videos to wmv/mpg/asf.

jimmy8765
05-10-2010, 09:43 PM
Sometimes you get sound only,try click the right mouse button, properties> Settings> Advanced>Trouble shoot Hardware acceleration None. But this is not a good way.You'd better convert videos to wmv/mpg/asf.

Thanks, I did as you said,the avi works well.But i dont think it's a good method.

Honey
05-31-2010, 05:12 AM
I checked Presentation to Video Converter and it's nice tool and really simple.

jimmy8765
05-31-2010, 06:09 PM
I checked Presentation to Video Converter and it's nice tool and really simple.

Thanks

But i dont want to pay 99.5USD for it.

Narry
06-09-2010, 07:53 AM
And I tried Presentation to Video Converter. It really costs this money...Good tool. But next time give the link please...
geovid.com/presentation_to_video_converter
:friends: