PDA

View Full Version : Check spelling

antonin
05-13-2005, 12:45 AM
I need to check spelling in a TextBox, activated by AfterUpdate.

I haven't been able to find any reference on how to do it directly in MS Access VBA. The only (clumsy) way I can imagine now is to use Word spellchecker via opening Word.Application and do the checking in Word.

Perhaps there is an easier way?

Antonin

OBP
05-15-2005, 11:47 AM
What is wrong with using Access's Spell checker?

antonin
05-15-2005, 11:55 AM
Nothing wrong - I just don?t know how to activate it in VBA.

When a user fills in data in the field, it needs to be spell-checked automatically, so that the user has to do it.

OBP
05-15-2005, 12:15 PM
antonin, Excel has the VBA function "checkspelling" in it's VBA but Access doesn't. Theoretically you should be able to use the "Domenuitem" command to invoke it but I haven't found out how to yet. If I find it I will post it on here.

antonin
05-15-2005, 12:21 PM
That?s what I was referring to in my original posting - I know (in principle) how to do it via Word (or Excel, if it comes to that - I have less experience with Excel than Word, but I do believe it is possible).

I wanted to check that there was really no "direct spellcheck tool" in Access VBA before I go the "long way" via Word. So, you are sure there is nothing like that available?

OBP
05-15-2005, 12:49 PM
Ok this is it when in normal Form view - DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, 6, 0, , acMenuVer70
You can add it to after update or lost focus events

antonin
05-15-2005, 12:59 PM
OIC

I sort of forgot about going through the "menu emulation" (I usually try to avoid this kind of solution since it may be "Office installation dependent" if the user has played around with the toolbars)- thank you very much for reminding me; in this instance it seems to be the right way to go.

Antonin