PDA

View Full Version : Sleeper: Similar data

oleg_v
05-10-2010, 08:27 PM
Hi
I need some Help With a macro.

I need a macro to find similar numbers in column "AB" than copy the rows that belongs to those numbers to sheet2 starting at "C3"

Thanks

Oleg

Simon Lloyd
05-10-2010, 08:37 PM
Why not add a workbook?
Providing a workbook will not only get you your answer quicker but will better illustrate your problem, usually when we can see your data (it can be dummy data but must be of the same type) and your structure it is far easier for us to give you a tailored, workable answer to your query http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/images/smilies/smile.gif

oleg_v
05-10-2010, 08:46 PM
Please
attached a sample file of mi data

Oleg

GTO
05-10-2010, 11:17 PM
Hi
I need some Help With a macro.

I need a macro to find similar numbers in column "AB" than copy the rows that belongs to those numbers to sheet2 starting at "C3"

Thanks

Oleg

Hi Oleg,

This is not exactly making sense to me leastwise. I am guessing that "similar numbers" in Col AB means you want to find part numbers that are duplicated. Is that correct?

Presuming so thus far, where we find duplicates, are we taking both/all duplicate rows, or just one?

Finally, what about the part numbers that are unique? Do they get copied or not?

If you can still edit the attachment, you might want to show a few examples on Sheet2, of what should be copied and why.

Mark

oleg_v
05-10-2010, 11:36 PM
Hi

yes i want to check the duplicated numbers.

and i need to copy all the data of all duplicated numbers to sheet2.
unique numbers stay as is and no need to be copied.

Why i am doing this if duplicated numbers those are the that measured on 2 different machines and i want to see all duplicated numbers and their data in sheet2 to investigate the difference between machines.

attached example of the data how i need it to be

thanks
Oleg

oleg_v
05-10-2010, 11:38 PM
For the "data"
i meant to copy the whole row and not only the part number

GTO
05-11-2010, 01:18 AM
I am sorry, but I am just not following. For instance, in Sheet1, AB7 of the wb at #3, is the part number: 1CV-01099

If I am reading correctly, this correlates to Sheet2, AB4 of the wb at #5, where seem to be indicating that two matching records were found - but I find four matching records (at least to part number).

oleg_v
05-11-2010, 01:29 AM
I understand
please refer to the latest wb that i posted i just wanted to make it easyer by putting the small numbers.

Yes you are right some times we are inspecting several times one parts on the same machine.
i need to see all the results for investigation max amount of results can be 5

Oleg

oleg_v
05-12-2010, 10:16 PM
I am sorry, but I am just not following. For instance, in Sheet1, AB7 of the wb at #3, is the part number: 1CV-01099

If I am reading correctly, this correlates to Sheet2, AB4 of the wb at #5, where seem to be indicating that two matching records were found - but I find four matching records (at least to part number).
Hi

I can understand the problem
can we try this: when the macro finds 2 similar numbers finish the search for this number and go to the next number
Please refer to my latest pasted file the numbers are easier there.
this is very urgent for me

Thanks a lot
Oleg