PDA

View Full Version : startup form

philfer
05-12-2010, 11:45 AM
Hello

How do i get a form to open automatically wheb someone clicks on the database i.e a menu screen. Can i make it cover the whole screen so the user cant mess around with the underlying tables and queries

Also is there a way to open a modal form to cover the whole screen. When i get a form to open as acDialog its opens as a small box in the corner

thanks for your help

phil

CreganTur
05-12-2010, 01:25 PM
Are you in Access 2003 or 2007? Different approach depending on the version.

For 2003 go to Tolls->Startup and select a Form for the Display Form/Page property- this is where you can define all of your startup properties.

For 2007 Office Button->Access Options->Current Database - and then the Display Form drop down. That's where you select your other startup options as well.

As for covering the whole screen- that's an option within each individual Form. You should only have open the form(s) that absolutley have to be open at any given time for the user to control what they do and also for performance.

HTH:thumb

Imdabaum
05-12-2010, 02:14 PM
Side Note***********************
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826765

While you can set the startup options to hide the navigation pane/window, holding Shift while you open the database will override those startup settings. If you'd like to enforce those so that people can't get in the back door, you can use the link above to learn how to enforce that.

OBP
05-13-2010, 03:24 AM
If you need more control over how the Form starts up use a Macro to open the Form and call it Autoexec. Any macro with that name is run automatically when the database opens.