PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Worksheet Menu Bar

Philcjr
05-13-2010, 08:24 AM
Somehow I have messed up the "Worksheet Menu Bar"... how can I rest this to original settings?

I have already tried, going to "Customize" and resetting each bar... however, the worksheet menu bar is not listed.

I have attached an image for reference.

Philcjr
05-13-2010, 08:48 AM
OK, I figured out a solution.

1. Do a file search for any file - *.xlb
2. Renamed it, then restarted excel

Toolbar was back, and everything was normal... so I deleted the "old" "Excel11.xlb" file

NOTE: I had to recreate the custom buttons, but to me, thats not a big deal

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Zack Barresse
05-13-2010, 09:26 AM
Hey Phil!

You could always go to the Immediate Window and type application.commandbars("Worksheet Menu Bar").reset, if you wanted to do it with one quick line and not reset any other custom menus.

Hope you're doin ok buddy! :)

Bob Phillips
05-13-2010, 10:19 AM
Somehow I have messed up the "Worksheet Menu Bar"... how can I rest this to original settings?

I have already tried, going to "Customize" and resetting each bar... however, the worksheet menu bar is not listed.

I have attached an image for reference.

That is odd, I see it amongst the toolbars on my system.

GTO
05-13-2010, 01:13 PM
I agree with Bob in that the Worksheet Menu Bar shows (from Customize) whether or not I'm on a worksheet or chart sheet.

That said, maybe you want to reset the 'Chart Menu Bar'

Zack Barresse
05-13-2010, 03:34 PM
You may be on the right track here GTO. The chart menu is contextual and should only be visible when you've got a chart selected. Been a while since I used 2003, but that's the behavior I remember. Perhaps we're talking about that menu and not the worksheet menu bar?

GTO
05-14-2010, 02:32 AM
You may be on the right track here GTO. The chart menu is contextual and should only be visible when you've got a chart selected. Been a while since I used 2003, but that's the behavior I remember. Perhaps we're talking about that menu and not the worksheet menu bar?

Hi Zack,

Sorry, in re-reading, I don't believe I could have been less clear if I'd been trying...:o:

I meant that the 'Worksheet Menu Bar' is listed ("shows") in the Customize Dialog box at all times, as Bob noted. Thanks for 'catching' me there, as of course you are correct in that the bar itself is only displayed while a chart sheet is selected.

I do believe the OP is referring to the Chart Menubar, as the pic shows the 'Chart' button instead of 'Data'.

Thanks again,

Mark