PDA

View Full Version : Improve functionality of table

Aussiebear
05-16-2010, 03:19 AM
In the attached workbook, lies a data table. I'm looking for any method which might improve its functionality?

For example
1. Number of visible rows at any one time (excluding the Header & LastRow)may not exceed 12 rows, but the visible data rows can only be those rows containing entered data + 1
2. Ability to clear the contents of a row based on a value, then move lower rows up if they contain data.

Please note: the workbook is a copy of a much larger project, and may contain links which work correctly in the bigger project.

The code currently attached simply sorts the data based upon the "Priority" rating

mdmackillop
05-16-2010, 03:57 AM
Part 2: No point in entering "Completed" then deleting row. Insert a new row at A14 and delete the "Completed" row

mdmackillop
05-16-2010, 04:00 AM
Part 1: Is there a reason for the gap in the data? Do you wish to remove the rows with no data, or hide them? Should Allocated always be Row 14?

Aussiebear
05-16-2010, 04:21 AM
Post #2 The data validation is based on Active,Non Active,& Completed. Tasks currently being undertaken as taken as Active, future tasks may be entered, but will be regarded as non active and remain visible in the table. I was simply looking for a trigger value to run some code to clear the contents and move the remaining rows up the table.

Post #3 Allocated should always remain in row 14. The gap has occured because I wanted to show what the data table should look like when finished, while the lower rows show cells which should stillbe effected by the data validation placed in them. Sorry for the confusion but I'm dead tired as we speak.