PDA

View Full Version : Solved: copy data automatically to another sheet

reza_doang
05-24-2010, 09:36 PM
hi all,

i want to copy data automatically from sheet1 to another sheet.
i.e
in sheet1 in column J i have data with many rows but some of rows have blank cells.
Now i want to copy that values in column J automatically to sheet2 which only contains values without the blank rows/cells.

hope you get what i want to do..: pray2:: pray2:: pray2:

many thanks

reza

Aussiebear
05-24-2010, 10:10 PM
Please attach a workbook with 2 sheets attached showing a before and after example. Use Go Advanced|Manage Attachments to upload the sample workbook.

Please also confirm that you would like to copy each value in Column J on the first sheet, to the second sheet providing it is not blank? How is the second sheet to be laid out?

reza_doang
05-24-2010, 11:39 PM
Please attach a workbook with 2 sheets attached showing a before and after example. Use Go Advanced|Manage Attachments to upload the sample workbook.

Please also confirm that you would like to copy each value in Column J on the first sheet, to the second sheet providing it is not blank? How is the second sheet to be laid out?

Aussiebear...

sorry, this is my sample excel.
in sheet1 column Q, i have data but also have blank cells.
now i want to copy to sheet2 automatically but only which have a values..

hope you understand with what i mean...

thanks

Aussiebear
05-25-2010, 02:25 AM
The data that is copied from Sheet 1 will simply go to the next available blank row in the sheet 2 or does it overwrite the existing data?

reza_doang
05-25-2010, 02:27 AM
The data that is copied from Sheet 1 will simply go to the next available blank row in the sheet 2 or does it overwrite the existing data?

will simply go to the next available blank row in sheet2. go to directly to A1

Aussiebear
05-25-2010, 02:35 AM
Another quick question, I noticed some differences in the data on Sheet 2 and that which it was copied from on sheet 1. For example the last row of data on sheet 2 starts with "LP MTB, 13 Dari 13 Respondent; 13 validasi & 13 lolos QC" yet the value in Sheet 1 starts with Test 2, where does this come from?