PDA

View Full Version : Word - Merge document with email - fax - print option and to select department

MARVEL.nl
05-29-2010, 02:51 AM
VBA paradise email - fax - department data

Currently we are inplementing a new CRM system, with new mail merge documents.

In the old situation we had a letter template for every department, a template for faxes for every department, and a template for emails (containing a logo) for every department.

The document is a plain word document, with contactdata etc.

The situation

We are using more and more emails as documents, so they should contain the logo from the document, as they are sended using PDF, as faxes, as it is useless to use expensive letterhead paper.

In the ideal situation it would also contain the option to insert a signature based on the employee making the file for faxes and emails.

The variables

The departments are Consultancy, IT, Personeel, Veiligheid and Trainingen

Email and Fax - show the logo and signature (based on the merge field author)

Print - show neither the logo nor the signature

The document shows the department on the left (in the header) and on the bottom (in the footer) the selected department would be bold (ideally).

Showing and saving what is chosen

Selected option will be shown in the document "verzonden als : " (meaning send as..) variable, it shoud say email, fax, document

Toggle logo display

For documents containing the logo it would be nice to get the option to supress logo printing for documents send by fax and as print.

Selecting the options

Selecting the options could be either done by a pupup or by a menu in the taskbar.

Saving the selections

The selections made should be saved, so that the same document could be opened and looking the same.

The document

I attached the merge document. The document has two sections, the first section being the starting page, the second being all other pages.

Found options

I got the show logo thing working, but am still missing the other options and a nice way to get a bopup or a selection made.

It's a braincrusher for me ! I've been on it for 4 days (not speaking of working days of course):banghead:

Help will be greatly appreciated

I've been trying and made a lot of efforts to get it work, but i'v been unsuccesfull so far. That is why i included the empty (expirimentation free) document.

Help will be appreciated and i think more people would enjoy it if there was a working template.

MARVEL.nl
05-29-2010, 02:53 AM
in order to show template

MARVEL.nl
05-29-2010, 02:53 AM
in order to post template

MARVEL.nl
05-29-2010, 02:54 AM
I can allmost post the template now

MARVEL.nl
05-29-2010, 03:03 AM
Here is the document !

http://www.marvel.nl/downloads/BRIEF2.DOT

MARVEL.nl
05-31-2010, 01:08 AM
I got this part working, once, using this thread.

http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31493

It will ask to print the logo once, not when i reopen the document.