PDA

View Full Version : Something weird with vba

cyborg18
05-31-2010, 12:58 PM
Hello there,
i work with Excel 2003 and when i run vba code, sometimes, my workbook freeze and i I see a gray band on the left side of the screen. Pls see my attached file.

Someone knows what the problem?

Bob Phillips
05-31-2010, 12:59 PM
No file.

Aussiebear
05-31-2010, 02:09 PM
Any other strange behaviour that you've noticed? Can you recall what you were trying to do when the freezing event occured? What code do you have in the workbook?

cyborg18
05-31-2010, 09:51 PM
Hello,
The code, among other things, select another sheet and in order to prevent the visual shifting between sheets i entered Application.screenupdating=false before the block code and Application.screenupdating=true after the block code.
Maybe this is the problem?
Someone told me that the problem is a problem of memory.
What do u think?
Thanks

GTO
05-31-2010, 10:16 PM
I think you need to attach the file. Obfuscate any sensitive data, but keep things true as to size and code.

Aussiebear
06-01-2010, 02:07 AM
Hello,
The code, among other things, select another sheet and in order to prevent the visual shifting between sheets i entered Application.screenupdating=false before the block code and Application.screenupdating=true after the block code.
Maybe this is the problem?
Someone told me that the problem is a problem of memory.
What do u think?
Thanks

Possible.... How big are your workbooks? Are you tying up resources with other programs/functions at the same time?