PDA

View Full Version : Solved: SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible) does not seem to work in range object

Digita
06-01-2010, 04:59 PM
Guys,

Got a question and hope you can help. The code below assigns all visible (filtered) cells to a range object and writes it to a new worksheet.

Set rng = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
Worksheets.Add
ActiveSheet.Range("A1").Resize(rng.Rows.Count,rng.Columns.Count) = rng.Value

However, this code doesn't work properly. It did not pick up the filtered rows. Dropping the .SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible) part, the code picks up everything including the hidden rows.

Without using .copy command, what is the workaround to capture visible rows only? I'm running this code in XL 2k.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

kp

mbarron
06-01-2010, 07:36 PM
Try this:
Sub rngAreas()
Dim rng As Range
Dim i As Integer

Worksheets.Add

For i = 1 To rng.Areas.Count
ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp)(1).Resize(rng.Areas(i).Rows.Count, rng.Areas(i).Columns.Count) _
= rng.Areas(i).Value
Next

End Sub

Digita
06-01-2010, 07:49 PM
Hi Mbarron,

Your code works the trick. Thank you so much.

Regards

kp

Digita
06-01-2010, 10:58 PM
Hi again,

Just found out the code by Mbarron picks up hidden rows as well. I need to grab the filtered rows only. Any further ideas? Thanks again.

Regards

kp

Digita
06-01-2010, 11:07 PM
Sorry. Mbarron's code works perfectly well. A colleague of mine is playing tricks on me. A minor modification to Mbarron's version:

Sub rngAreas()
Dim rng As Range
Dim i As Integer

Worksheets.Add

For i = 1 To rng.Areas.Count
ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp)(2).Resize(rng.Areas(i).Rows.Count, rng.Areas(i).Columns.Count) _
= rng.Areas(i).Value
Next

End Sub

Thread is marked solved.

Thanks again.