PDA

View Full Version : Solved: The magically disappering Excel Workbook.

ukdane
06-02-2010, 01:30 AM
I have a workbook, which when one user opens it works fine, and is visible to the user.
However if the user closes it down, and a different user opens it, it opens up, however the workbook isn't visible (but I can see that it has opened).
Both users are using Excel 2003.

The user who has the problem, can open and see other workbooks, without any problem. (I'd post the troublesome workbook, but it contains work info, so I can't)

Any ideas what might be causing this one workbook not to show up, and what I can program into it so that it is visible?

Thanks

Edit: Never mind, solved it, by checking under Window / Arrange / Tiled - and marking Windows of active workbook.

Aussiebear
06-02-2010, 04:57 AM
I'm thinking I should hide this thread. If word gets around that a User can not just post a question,but solve it without any other input, and mark it as "Solved", we poor souls otherwise known as Moderators are soon to be out of a job.

Hell we might as well close down the forums because no one will even want to post a Query since it'llbe solved before the ink can dry upon the screen.

Bob Phillips
06-02-2010, 06:21 AM
No, it just means we get a superior type of poster.

Eat your heart out other forums!

ukdane
06-02-2010, 01:22 PM
Sorry, have I done wrong?

I posted the question, as I was stuck, and had done a Google search for help, without luck, so I posted here.

Just because I post a question here though, doesn't mean I stop trying to solve the problem myself.

Given that I solved the problem, before anyone else could (or even had time to read), I thought I'd change the post to solved- and as a service to others, who might come across a similar problem (gotta love the search function), also posted how I solved it myself.

Sorry if this is a problem, I thought I was doing the correct thing, having solved the problem, also as a service to those who do help out, that they don't waste time on a problem that I had suddenly (in a pure Eureka! moment) solved.

Always grateful for any help I get here- and hope I can continue to contribute, both asking for help, and giving it if and when I can.

Best Regards

Blade Hunter
06-02-2010, 05:50 PM
You have done no wrong, Aussiebear is commenting that it is quite amusing that you managed to open, resolve and marke solved without any other posters needing to assist.

ukdane
06-02-2010, 11:19 PM
Cool.

:beerchug:

Bob Phillips
06-03-2010, 12:28 AM
You have done no wrong, Aussiebear is commenting that it is quite amusing that you managed to open, resolve and marke solved without any other posters needing to assist.

You just made Ted redundant, and that hurt his pride :)

Aussiebear
06-03-2010, 11:51 PM
If I had feelings..... that kind of comment Bob, would smash me. :biggrin: