PDA

View Full Version : Printing daily log sheet with preprinted dates (solved)

eelliott
06-03-2010, 08:51 AM
The attached spreadsheet includes macro code which prints multiple copies the same sheet, but varies the date in the footer. I created it because I needed to manually maintain a daily log sheet for my dog, but did not want to manually write the date at the bottom of each page.

Once the macro is invoked the user sets the start date and number of days.

My sheet is a single page but the code should work as is for a multi-page worksheet.

The concept could be expanded to be driven by something other than dates. For example, you need to print worksheet1 but drive it from a list of items (e.g., people, departments, buildings, equipment, etc.) contained in worksheet2 (or some other data source).

The attached spreadsheet is presently set to look from my security certificate, so you'll have to assign your own.

Ed

mdmackillop
06-03-2010, 09:14 AM
Welcome to VBAX.
If you have found your solution, can you post it for the benefit of others?

eelliott
06-03-2010, 02:44 PM
mdmackillop,

I uploaded the .xlsm file with the original post.

If you, as a VBAX Wizard, could not see it, I suspect that there is a vbaexpress website bug related to me never having performed a reply on vbaexpress. When I first looked at your post on the thread, I could not see my own attachment -- there was some message about needing to have replied on vbaexpress before one could see attachments. However, after I started to create this reply, I went back to the thread and could see the attachment.

And my attempt to re-upload the file was rejected because it was a duplicate: "You have already attached this file in thread".

Thanks for letting me know the attachment was not visible.

Ed

mdmackillop
06-03-2010, 03:32 PM
To be honest, I never checked the attachment. As the solution is there, thank you!