PDA

View Full Version : Button embedded in a chart, xl2007

JimmyTheHand
06-08-2010, 10:10 AM
Greetings,

I've met a strange problem recently, which was posted on a local forum. I did some experimenting and research, but came up more confused than I'd been before. :think: So, lacking any real solution, I decided to bring it up here.

There's a chart in an Excel 2007 workbook. Say you want to embed a commandbutton into the chart. Excel 2003 allowed you to do that, but xl2007 won't. When inserting a button in the chart it becomes an image, and doesn't retain the button's properties. That's what the original poster reported.

Went to google for a solution, and found only one hint, which said that

Excel 2007 lets you use Forms toolbar buttons in conjunction with a chart. You can embed such a button in a standalone chart sheet, but no longer in an embedded chart. Source: http://excelusergroup.org/forums/t/440.aspx

I could've let that be but, out of curiosity, I installed my long neglected Office 2007 at home, and tried it myself. It worked. I mean I did insert a commandbutton in the chart, in xl2007, and it remained a button. Uploaded the workbook for the original poster to check, and he said that my button is an image.

Now, can anyone illuminate this one.

See the attached workbook. I swear it's a commandbutton embedded in a chart, and it has all the properties of a decent commandbutton.
xl2007 users, can any of you confirm my statement?

Jimmy