PDA

View Full Version : NewBi-thanks!

agoodevans
06-17-2010, 07:26 PM
Enjoying looking around the forum and getting familiar with the site. Only have basic VB skills so the info on the site often sorts me out. To all and sundry- Much appreciated!:hi:

Simon Lloyd
06-17-2010, 08:43 PM
agoodevans, glad you like it here :)

Aussiebear
06-17-2010, 10:13 PM
Yahoo!!! Another true blue Auusie. Welcome abord mate!

....oops, I take that welcome back. Go the mighty Queenslanders...

Simon Lloyd
06-17-2010, 10:19 PM
You lot are springing up like flies, i suppose you're gonna get all giddy now Aussiebear? :)

Aussiebear
06-17-2010, 10:24 PM
Not hard to get giddy Simon, since we are on top of the world!:outtahere

Simon Lloyd
06-17-2010, 10:40 PM
Not hard to get giddy Simon, since we are on top of the world!:outtahereHmmmm, :think: typical Aussie, a few points, there are 4 points on a compass, it's no mistake that North is at the top, to get to good 'ole Oz i'd have to travel in a somewaht southerly direction, by the compass method that would be DOWN, when navigating a map NORTH is always at the top, on a map of the world which direction is Oz?, and last but not least, by the inhabitants own admission you call it "Down Under"

So you're actually at the bottom of the world :rotlaugh:

Aussiebear
06-17-2010, 11:04 PM
Do you remember ever hearing about Einstien's theory of relitivity, well he actually "borrowed" it from me a while back. Mind you he edited it a bit from my version.

Basicill\y my version is as follows.... "Its all relative to where you are standing" and from where I'm standing you are beneath me.

Don't be falling for that compass theory, for its a bit like the climate change theory being bandied about the media. There are more than 360 points around a compass. All compasses are subject to error rates comprising the magnetic fields currently running about the earth. So I would worry about what direction you think you might need to go.

One other thing to remember, if you ever get to Heathrow and the authorities let you on a plane to come to Australia, just ask the pilot. "Do I need to go up to ge tthere" and he'll say Sure do mate, other wise we'll run into the airport boundry fence on take off.

Don't worry about the "Down UNder" title its just there to confuse you. Much like "Outback", "Long Paddock", "How far to the nearest town... about a six pack"