PDA

View Full Version : I've Upgraded from Office 2003 to 2007 ...

vodkasoda
06-20-2010, 03:03 PM
I probably shouldn't be asking this now as it's been a long day I can hardly see, let alone type, but maybe I'll have an answer or two in the morning if I do it now ...

When I was using Office 2003, every time I had an incoming E:Mail, the following Macro would run ...

Sub Application_NewMailEx(ByVal EntryIDCollection As String)

Call MyRules

Call ValidateKATurns

Call KATurns

End Sub

It doesn't appear to be running now, is there something different in 2007 than 2003 that I need to be aware of ?!?

I noticed this was problem when I physically executed ValidateKATurns and it fails immediately in the Definitions module on the line ...

Public KA_Com As ADODB.Command

I get an error User-defined type not defined ... I have accessed the Database directly via Access and it seems fine ...

Now, as I say, this might be clear as a bell tomorrow, but if there is anything I should know about this upgrade that I don't know, or there is anything somebody can tell me I am doing wrong (this all worked fine in Office 2003) then I'd appreciate it ...

:thumb

vodkasoda
06-21-2010, 02:27 AM
OK, as I suspected, a clearer mind makes things a bit easier !!!

The reason the automatic Macro wasn't running is because the lines of code were in a Class Module called ThisOutlookSession1 for some reason, I move them to the "real" ThisOutlookSession and it works just fine.

The second problem was due to missing References, so it's all sorted now ...