PDA

View Full Version : Paragraph space

Adamski
06-23-2010, 08:22 AM
Word 2003

Is it me doing something stupid, or does the "don't add space between paragraphs of the same style" option get ignored when applied to paragraphs in a table cell?

Also, is there a way to get a style to have sapcing between paragraphs of the same style that is not 0pt but also different to its spacing from different styles?

e.g.
MainText
12pt
CustomBullet
3pt
CustomBullet
3pt
CustomBullet
12pt
MainText

fumei
06-23-2010, 09:04 AM
It is unclear what you are asking. The issue of the final item of a bulleted list can be easily handled by having an ending style.

MainText
12pt
CustomBullet
3pt
CustomBullet
3pt
CustomBulletEnd
12pt
MainText

This is quite common. Or, but this does not always work out, you could have a Before spacing for MainText. IMO, it is better to have an explicit ending style for your list.

As for the spacing in tables, I am not sure you are asking, and why.

Adamski
06-28-2010, 04:26 AM
Thanks,
At the moment I am indeed using an "CustomBulletEnd" stlye for the lists - just wondered if it could ba avoided somehow with the "don't add space between paragraphs of the same style" setting. Guess not.

As for tables: If I have a style with "don't add space between paragraphs of the same style" set and use it in a table cell, the space is still added between the paragraphs of the same style :confused2