PDA

View Full Version : Making text a hyperlink

junglej815
06-26-2010, 08:04 AM
Hello, not sure if this is the correct area to post this in. I've tried searching for anything related to hyperlinks, but I don't know if I'm finding anything that I need.

What I have is a form in Access that has a command button on it that when clicked it opens a new outlook mail message with text already inserted into it. Part of the text is:

Please visit the Facilities Operations page for more information.

How could I possibly go about making the words " Facilities Operations " a clickable hyperlink in the the mail message?

Thanks for any help, let me know if I need to provide any further information.

OBP
06-29-2010, 09:06 AM
If the Facilities Operations is a real Hyperlink it will work, however it only shows and works as a Hyperlink when the email is received, try it out by sending it to yourself.

junglej815
07-02-2010, 08:23 AM
Thanks for responding to my post.

Well if it were to be an active hyperlink and when you click on the text/link that is in the mail message that you receive it would bring you to a webpage. My question really is how exactly do I make that text into an active hyperlink in the VB script.

Imdabaum
07-02-2010, 08:30 AM
I'm assuming you've tried putting this as part of the message. And that your message is being sent in HTML format rather than rich text?

<a href="[DESTINATION]">Facilities Operations</a>

junglej815
07-02-2010, 09:04 AM
Okay, so in vb I have the following code entered to compose the body of an outlook mail message automatically....

m.Body = "Thank you for contacting the Facilities Services Center." & Chr(13) & Chr(13) & "The following work request has been created: " & Chr(13) & Chr(13) & "Work Request # " & Me.WORKORDER.Value & Chr(13) & "Date of Request: " & Me.DATEREQUESTED.Value & Chr(13) & "Requested By: " & Me.REQUESTOR.Value & Chr(13) & "Phone Number: " & Me.PHONE.Value & Chr(13) & "Location: " & Me.LOCATION.Value & Chr(13) & "Description: " & Me.DESCRIPTION.Value & Chr(13) & "ID: " & Me.NETWORKID.Value & Chr(13) & Chr(13) & "If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at FacilitiesServicesCenter@blank.com or ext 65333." & Chr(13) & Chr(13) & "FSC" & Chr(13) & "Please visit the Global Security & Facilities Operations ITK Page for more resources and information."

What I'm looking for is to have the words " Global Security & Facilities Operations " a clickable hyperlink when the person receives the email. What would I put in and where? I saw something about using pound signs ( # ) after the display name then the link address, then another pound sign. I tried that and it just inserts the full address right after the word Operations in the mail message.