PDA

View Full Version : Solved: How can I remove the text below the supertip text

dschmitt
07-07-2010, 10:13 PM
Below the supertip text of my customButtons appears the name of the macro and the sentence: "Press F1 for more help."

How can I remove the text below the supertip text?

gmaxey
07-09-2010, 04:28 AM
You can't with Office2007 (not sure about Office2010).

This is quoted from page 367 of "RibbonX Customizizing the Office 2007 Ribbon" Martin, Puls, Hennig:

"While it is unfortunate that we can't add images to our supertips, it is even more frustrating that we can't customize or remove the filename, gear icon, or help label that shows at the bottom of the supertip window."

dschmitt
07-09-2010, 07:31 PM
gmaxey, thanks for letting me know.

Roderick
11-05-2017, 02:44 PM
this question was asked by dschmitt in August 2010:

Below the supertip text of my customButtons appears the name of the macro and the sentence: "Press F1 for more help."

How can I remove the text below the supertip text?
...and Greg Maxey made the following reply:

You can't with Office2007 (not sure about Office2010).

This is quoted from page 367 of "RibbonX Customizizing the Office 2007 Ribbon" Martin, Puls, Hennig:

"While it is unfortunate that we can't add images to our supertips, it is even more frustrating that we can't customize or remove the filename, gear icon, or help label that shows at the bottom of the supertip window."

I was looking for the answer to this and trawling through the forum came up with the above question and answer.

Surprisingly enough, I have the same question now in 2017 but using Word 2013 and 2016!

Have any results materialized or is it the same now as then?