PDA

View Full Version : combine a single sheet in 100 workbooks to another workbook and then summarize

spst
07-08-2010, 10:08 AM
Hello,
I could really use some help. I have been put in charge of completing this task but have no idea how to accomplish it. I have been to several sites looking for info but no luck.
Thank you in advance for any and all help. Perhaps this isn’t even possible…if so please let me know.
I am using Excel 2003 and Windows XP Professional version 2002.
I am not proficient at all in coding but do ok with formulas/functions.
I have 1 folder called LTR TEST.
In this folder I have:
1. I have about 100 client workbooks with 3 sheets each. Only 1 sheet has data, the other 2 are blank. All are named in the format "LTR####". #### = the client number. If the client number is 4 then the file is named "LTR0004". If the client number is 59 the the file is named "LTR0059".
The sheet is basically a template with information for the clients to fill in.
2. One other workbook I have is named: ltr test. This workbook currently has 3 sheets.
a. summary sheet
b. address data base sheet for vlookups on the summary sheet
c. 1 client workbook (to extract only single sheet)
Here is what I would like to accomplish:
1. I would like to incorporate each of the client workbooks (single sheet) to the ltr test workbook.
2. I would then like to take the data from the client sheets and summarize them across columns on the summary sheet.
3. I do not have any named ranges in the client worksheets.

I have attached the "ltr test" workbook which has 1 client sheet already added (sheet 3 which I added manually)
The 2nd sheet is an address data base
The first sheet is the summary sheet which shows:
L1 = titles
L2 = the cells to enter from the client sheet
L5 = what the cells will L2 should look like with actual detail from client sheet.

mdmackillop
07-08-2010, 03:40 PM
Wrong file attached.

spst
07-08-2010, 04:19 PM
REVISED FILE UPLOADED