PDA

View Full Version : VBA Excel in MAC OS

murugavelmsc
07-08-2010, 11:33 PM
Hi,

I develop a excel vba application in windows OS it working fine.
But i want to incorporate into MAC OS .

Is it possible to open the same xls file (that is developed in windows os)
in mac os office 2004.

I think, Mac OS doesn't have Activex Control. Then how can i connect into the data to retrive the data.

Please help me.

Thanks in advance,
Murugavel S

tpoynton
07-09-2010, 10:40 AM
you are correct, Macs do not have ActiveX in VBA at least...probably not elsewhere. Which control, specifically, are you referring to? My only experience with them is on worksheets, where inserting objects from the Forms toolbar (instead of control toolbox) allows you to use cross-platform compatible buttons and such.

murugavelmsc
07-10-2010, 12:26 AM
Hi,

haks for your responses, i want to retrieve the data from data base without activex control.

Pls help me,

Thanks
Murugavel S

tpoynton
07-10-2010, 11:36 AM
If you want help, you need to be specific - which control? posting a workbook and describing precisely where the problem is would be the most efficient way to get help. Maybe someone else will come along who knows what you are referring to.

murugavelmsc
07-12-2010, 01:57 AM
Hi,

I want to use ADO Control for connecting databases.

Thanks
Murugavel

murugavelmsc
07-12-2010, 01:58 AM
Hi,

I want to use ADO Control.

Thanks
Murugavel

tpoynton
07-12-2010, 06:57 AM
you can not use the ADO control, as you have noticed.

this is out of my league, but it seems like you'll need to use QueryTables on the Mac OS. Look that up in Excel 2004 help. I'm not on my mac at the moment. You could also try connecting without VBA first, using the database query...get external data under the data menu, I think.

I'm afraid that's the best I can offer. If you run into specific problems with using querytables, try posting in the regular Excel help forum, as that is in windows and mac OS's. forget trying to use the activex though.