PDA

View Full Version : Process or vba code for Permanently hide table form normal user?

bunty
07-10-2010, 12:42 AM
Hi All,
I am using Access2003 to create this application. The application is a
standalone application, one file.My goal is if I am the one who open this file, I will see everything in Access and of course able to momdify them. If others open this file, they would not be able to see anything except the main form.
I am thinking that if the user put in the username/password as admin/admin, he will get full access, if the user put in the username/passeword as user/user, he will see only form and has NO access to tables.It will be a great help if any one can help me to solve this problem.

Thanks...

OBP
07-10-2010, 03:36 AM
Bunty, hello, you get around the forums.
In actual fact you do not need much VBA to do what you want.
The Access User Level Security Wizard will create the Secure database & user Accounts for you.
You can then use some simple VBA to open the required form based on who opens the database using the CurrentUser function.

bunty
07-11-2010, 02:43 AM
Thanks OBP, Can you please tell me how to create Access User Level Security Wizard.

thanks

OBP
07-11-2010, 05:26 AM
Main Menu>Tools>Security>User-Level Security Wizard
Take a backup copy before running the Wizard, although it also takes a backup as well.

Imdabaum
07-12-2010, 08:28 AM
It is recommended that you backup your database before you do this. Also write down the information you enter and keep it someplace secure unless you can guarantee that you'll remember it.

HiTechCoach
07-12-2010, 11:56 AM
Before you attempt to add ULS to your database I would urge you to read this first:

How I use Microsoft Access User-Level Security (http://www.hitechcoach.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_details&gid=35&Itemid=28) written by Jack MacDonald.

I would still recommend that you still consider Splitting your Access database into application and data (http://www.hitechcoach.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=35:split-your-access-database-into-application-anddata&catid=24:design). This is critical for all multiple user apps.

Hope this helps ...