PDA

View Full Version : Copy the data of one cell to three Rows in excel sheet

Rohit Garg
07-12-2010, 12:00 AM
I have one excel sheet in which the '~' separated data needs to be displayed in the different cells

testdataseparate~this~to~different~rowstestsampleinputdata~to~be~seperatedt emp
Output should be:
testdataseparatetesttestdatathistesttestdatatotesttestdatadifferenttesttest datarowstestsampleinputdatatempsampleinputtotempsampleinputbetempsampleinpu tseperatedtemp
Data of 4th column is seperated in different cells. A new row is added for each string and all other cell data is copied as is in the new rows. Can any one tell me how to do this?

Aussiebear
07-12-2010, 12:13 AM
Try attaching a workbook with two sheets. One showing the data as it currently is and the second as you would like to to be. To do so, click on Go Advanced| Manage Attachments and upload the file.

As your request currently stands, I cannot understand what it is that you are chasing let alone any logical reason for doing so.

Rohit Garg
07-12-2010, 12:19 AM
I have one excel sheet in which the '~' separated data needs to be displayed in the different cells

test data separate~this~to~different~rows test
sample input data~to~be~seperated temp

Output should be:
test data separate test
test data this test
test data to test
test data different test
test data rows test
sample input data temp
sample input to temp
sample input be temp
sample input seperated temp

Data of 4th column is seperated in different cells. A new row is added for each string and all other cell data is copied as is in the new rows. Can any one tell me how to do this?[/quote]